Sunday, October 16, 2011

From the Chairman Issue No 1

Fellow SRI Graduates,
Three weeks ago I posted a call for a Grand Reunion for SRI.  It wasn't because I just wanted one or just for the kicks of it.
It was because I saw the posts of the more than 1,200 members of this page clamoring for one.
It was because I saw the need for all of us to simultaneously give thanks and honor to our HS Alma Mater, now long gone, with which we all have spent some of the best years of our lives, , ,find lifelong friends who are dear to us up until now, , ,and helped shape us into being the good citizens of the world that we are now.
It was because I saw the need for all of us to collectively give thanks and honor to our dear teachers and advisers who has selflessly taught us and inspired us and molded our ideals.  Remember Ms. Rosita Magapa, who has dedicated more than 30 years teaching us the rudiments of statistics, , , everybody's nanay, Ms. Priscilla Casas, , ,and Ms. Lakampuenga who never forgot to tell us that everything is Alright!!  Just to name a few . . .
Now three weeks later, this page has balooned to more that 2,600 members and counting , , , , Way to go, Andoy !!!, , ,, or as the younger batches would say, ,, Southernians !!!, , , ,
Today, me and my friends Donne, Anna, Rose, Dette, and others like Jurie, Reyn, Madeth, Faustino, and others were assigned the task to lead this big event.
What can I say, , , , I am honored.  I therefore declare that I accept this task assigned to me.
The days to come will be very busy for us.  Me and the other officers will meet with the different committees separately to discuss plans and executions.  Then we will have one big meeting for all.  From then on, we will have regular weekly meetings with the committees and regular monthly meeting with the whole group.  Afterwhich, regular updates on developments will be posted on this page.  Will Madeth and the rest of the secretariat please take note.
As we know that this vote of confidence from you comes with the hope of having this event as smooth as possible, we will bring out the best in everyone involved to make it so.  My anitos are telling me that we better make this good, , , or else, , ,
We also expect the rest of the SRI family to help us in informing those who have not heard about this yet.  Talk to them, call them, message them, text them.  Ask them to join this FB page (BTW, to the ADMIN of the page, please make this a closed group,, ,it is currently open group and our other FB friends are bothered with all our posts).
This is one big ride for all of us, , , but heck, , ,we survived SRI, , ,nothing scares us !!!
Let's Rock !!!
Angel Santamaria Mercado

No comments:

Post a Comment